Posts tagged miroku276
Posts tagged miroku276
Hey guys! Miroku276 here from GameGhost and I am here to share with you my favorite top 5 underrated games! Most of the titles are from PS2 but I have a few other selectives console titles! Hopefully this is the start of a new beginning for GameGhost! More to come soon!
1. Kenka Bancho: Badass Rumble PSP (4) - So the way I heard about this game was through a old co worker of mine at gamestop. He was calling around everywhere looking for a game called “Kenka Bancho”. My first reaction was “Kenka-what?” Until I saw him playing it one day I was stoked. This game is so much fun. A classic beat em up brawler on the go is the best way to describe it. You play as a japanese student who is considered a “Bancho” or a Badass in japanese. You then fight the other Banchos of Japan on a school trip to become the number one Bancho of the country. This game has fully customizable character, obtainable signature moves learned from other banchos, and a free roam style to it! Pretty awesome right?
2. Populous: The Beginning PC (3) - RTS games are pretty popular amongst the PC gamer community. For some reason when I ask a lot of people about this game the seem to have no clue what im talking about. In Populous: The Beginning you play as God. Seriously. You control a Shaman, who leads her tribe against foes to becoming the ultimate shaman god herself. Populous: The Beginning uses magic, creative units, and A.I. society manipulation to create this biblical RTS/God game as they call it. This game was incredible to me as a child and still is to this day.
3. Radiata Stories PS2 (2) - Radiata Stories was a game I picked up one day just searching for an RPG. I saw Square Enix’s name on the cover and I jumped on it fast (this was before they started making bad games). The gameplay is similar to titles like Tales of Symphonia or a more modern day Legend of Mana. You play as Jack an ordinary boy who wants to become a famous Knight like his father who had such a legendary status. He is 1 out of the 300 characters in the game, and about 175 of them are recruitable to be your teammates. This game also had multiple endings depending on the choices you make about 3/4 into the game. I think thats enough to say that this game was a little ahead of its time.
4. Legend of Legaia (5) PS1/PSX - I remember back in the PS1 days when I sat down with my sister gluing my face to the television playing some of the most memorable games of all time, one being Legend of Legaia. Till this day I haven’t found an RPG that can compare to its unique combat system and story. Legend of Legaia is about a world filled with humans and objects the humans call Seru, which can unite themselves with humans and augment them with amazing abilities and skills. The main character Vahn gains the power of the Seru and later on joins up with Noa, a little cave girl who is overly energetic, and Gala, a serious curt warrior monk. In a nutshell these characters team up to fight off the evildoers of the “Mist”; a sickly aura filled with monsters and villians. The game only consisted of three characters but it didn’t even matter. The number of combos and specials they could learn were unbelievable. This is definitely a game to check out.
5. Shadow of Colossus PS2 (1) Where do I even start with this game. Shadow of the Colossus is one of the most epic, story driven, unique games I have every played. I couldn’t believe that more people didn’t play this game since it had such high reviews on popular game sites. Shadow of the Colossus is a prequel to Ico; one of the first games to ever be released for the PS2. The game has no real enemies. Meaning you will not be spending your time scurrying around fighting minions and looking for treasure. You play as Wander, a young man who faces 16 boss fights to save what seems to be a princess. Pretty simple right? Wrong, fighting these colossi one after another is a puzzle itself. You will spend a good amount of time trying to figure out how to climb on that arm, or cling onto that leg. The graphics, the eerie cries of the colossi, realistic character reactions to environment effects and jaw dropping acrobatic physics are just enough to say this is one of my favorite games of all time and if not one of the most underrated games I have ever had the honor of playing.
Hello all Miroku276 here to apologize to you all once again. The Diablo III review was suppose to be out about a week and a half ago, but as I said before our lives have been busy. As College students dorming at our school we all go home eventually and we all live far from each other so everyone has something to do. I will be trying my best since I’ll be pretty free this week to tweak around on GG. Keep following us and I promise some cool announcements and reviews will be put out! Thanks again and keep gaming!
Hey guys Miroku276 here! As most of you know last night was the midnight release of Blizzard’s most anticipated game for the past few years, Diablo III. Unfortunately I didn’t get to pick it up last night but I am heading to Gamestop RIGHT NOW to pick this game up and a review should be set and ready by the end of this week! Keep on gaming Tumblr!
Hey there tumblr! Miroku276 here to fill you guys in on a little update with Metal gear’s future. so recently I’ve been in a MGS mood since finals have been slowing down in college, so I went onto the PSN and purchased Metal Gear Solid. I have beaten the game several times in my day and always enjoyed it to the point where speed runs were just a regular thing. So I’ve been itching to play a lot of MGS (Planning to go through the MGS collection). So I started looking more into Metal Gear Rising and it looks interesting. However, I can’t look at it as a Metal gear game because…well it isn’t. It’s looking like a Ninja Gaiden Replica with Raiden. Iv been watching these videos Konami has been posting on Youtube every few weeks about the game. They are live action videos giving small hints here and there about Raiden’s past. and Id love to know what you all think about the new project Konami is working on. The link is below.
Hey there! Miroku276 here to notify you guys with some news in case you haven’t heard. Apparently Bethesda is creating an Elder Scrolls MMORPG. Not sure how I feel about it until I see some game play or at least some cinematics but it could be a cool idea if done right. Drop a comment or a suggestion to let us know what you all think! Keep Gaming!
Check out the trailer here from Machinima on Youtube.
NA: March 13, 2012
JP: March 15, 2012
EU: March 14, 2012
Rating: ESRB E/Pegi 7
So my first real glance at Journey was pretty much the same as everyone else’s. “Oh my jeeebus…this game is gonna be godlike.” Imagine taking Braid, Limbo, a hint of Okami and throwing it all into a 3D world without the challenging puzzles and you get a mind blowing experience. After finishing Journey I was in awe. My emotions had been triggered from all sides and the game was just gushing with symbolism. I was more than impressed at this point. Although the first five minutes I was so confused on what to do and I was too busy trying to figure out the story of the game instead of really enjoying it, I soon realized it was right in front of me the entire time.
Now before I start this review I want to give you all a link. It’s hard for me to review this game without just wanting to scream out how amazing the story really was. If and when you buy and finish this game, read this article that explains Journey perfectly if you didn’t get it yourself (THIS LINK CONTAINS SPOILERS) Journey’s story from n4g.com
Journey is something beyond the game world that I hope everyone takes the time out of their lives to try. Here’s why:
Fav Genre: Fighting, RPG.
Currently playing: Jak II (Jak n’ Daxter Collection), League of Legends, Skullgirls, Super Smash Bros. Melee
Meet Izzy Pop!
Fav Genre: RPG, Racing Sim, Rhythm games.
Currently playing: League of Legends, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Super Smash Bros. Melee
Fav Genre: Action-Adventure, RPG.
Currently playing: Mass Effect series, League of Legends, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Meet the actual GameGhost!
Consoles: Xbox, PS3,
NA: May 17, 2011
JP: July 7, 2011
EU: May 20, 2011
PC Release Date:
NA: November 8, 2011
EU: November 11, 2011
Genre: Sandbox, third-person shooter, action adventure.
Rating: ESRB M/PEGI 18
L.A. Noire: Rockstars’ newest sandbox game, released in 2011. I heard about this game when I used to work at GameStop. I was at work and the commercial promo came on GameStop TV and they basically explained how the game was played. The graphics being actually a huge part of the concept, the free-roam style, and the mixed third-person shooter gameplay excited me so much. I reserved it 5 minutes later after seeing that promo, and I purchased the game on day 1. Catching serial killers, rapists, arsonists and beating up baddies while cruising through Los Angeles? Sounds like a fun time to me. So was I disappointed, or was I satisfied with Rockstars’ newest game? Well, let us find out.
Batman: Arkham City
Consoles: Xbox, PS3, PC
JP November 23, 2011
NA October 18, 2011
EU October 21, 2011
Rating: ESRB T/Pegi 16
Alrighty then, so here we go, Batman Arkham City. Great game! As a hardcore Batman fan, I can say that the fanboy in me had a nerdgasm! So let’s get this started.